Saturday, September 23, 2023

On the Road Again

I'm having a quick cup of coffee at Mean Mugs on a Saturday morning in Chattanooga.  JP races in a little over an hour at the McCallie Cross Country Invitational.

I drove over from Nashville last night after I finished a mediation for two of my favorite lawyers.  Very nice clients, too.  It makes such a difference when I'm mediating for experienced, professional lawyers with nothing to prove to me, their clients, or each other.  No ego, just a strong desire to get a fair result that benefits the parties and their children.  It's refreshing because it's not always that way. 

I hope JP and the team run well today.  I know it would mean a lot to all of the boys to win the meet.  As I understand it, McCallie has a strong team of returning runners from last year so it should be a good race.  Also, it's a challenging course, according to JP.  

I just got a text from JP with a diagram of the course.  He and the team are headed over there now.  

I've got butterflies in my stomach, as I do before every one of his races.  My hope for him is to run the race he wants to run and to give it all that he has on the course.  There rest of it will take care of itself. 

No comments: