Monday, January 19, 2009

Flying Solo

Jude left this afternoon to attend Barrack Obama's inauguration in Washington D.C. as the 44th president of our country, so I'm flying solo with John Patrick for the next couple of days. It's more than a little strange to be here with him at home, overnight, without Jude. I'm not worried about being able to handle things, especially since our nanny, Carley Farley Meade, will be with him tomorrow and Wednesday, during the day. Still, it feels weird for Jude to be gone, because we work together so closely, day in and day out, to care for John Patrick. She does the heavy lifting, no doubt, but we work pretty well together.

Right now, it's actually kind of peaceful. John Patrick is upstairs in the "men's lounge" (a.k.a. nursery), sleeping. I'm going to head up in a few minutes myself. Normally, Jude gives him his first bottle of the day about 7 or 7:30 a.m., when he wakes up. I'm looking forward to doing that tomorrow morning. He's always so happy to see us when he wakes us in the morning, so it should be a great way to start my day.

No comments: