Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Evening Post


This morning, I got up early and went to Shelby Park in East Nashville to run on the trails there. It was a beautiful morning - about 55 degrees - bright sunshine. I had probably my best run of the year thus far, as I ran 9 miles and would have gone farther, but I needed to get home to watch John Patrick while Jude got a haircut.

The days like today, from a running perspective, are all too rare, when I feel like I could run forever. Perfect weather, great music on my ipod and the weekend with my family right in front of me. I run all year long in search a handful of runs like the one I had this morning. It's what makes me lace up my running shoes and get out the door.

After I returned home, I took John Patrick for a long walk. We strolled over to Bongo Java, then back to Belmont University. I spread a blanket under a tree and we laid on it and played in the shade. Students walked by, talking and laughing, seemingly without a care in the world, having the time of their lives. I smiled at them as I played with John Patrick, as I enjoyed the time of my life.

No comments: