Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend Update

Another really, really nice weekend. 

Friday, as I was on my way home from work, Jude called me.  J.P. had managed to lock the front door when they walked outside.  Jude was barefooted, but she and J.P. walked down to Rob and Anne Marie Elliott's house and she called me from their telephone.  When I arrived, J.P. and Ayden were playing together.  Later, the 6 of us strolled to Cha Chah on Belmont Boulevard.  We sat on the patio, facing Belmont Boulevard and ate dinner.  On the way home, we stopped at the soccer field at Belmont University.  J.P. and Ayden ran around while Anne Marie, Jude and I threw a frisbee.  As it got dark, we strolled home. 

Saturday morning, early, I picked up our friends, Hal Humphreys and Kim Green, and drove to Shelby Bottoms for a trail run.  There was a lot of activity in the park, which was good to see.  Slowly but surely, Shelby Park is returning to normal after the flood.  Hal, Kim and I had a great run, then stopped by Bongo Java East for a quick cup of coffee.  When I got home, Jude and I took J.P. to Cool Springs for a haircut.  As usual, he screamed and cried, although he calmed down after a few minutes.  Progress, I guess.  After he woke up from his afternoon nap, Jude, J.P and I drove over to Bill Ramsay's annual block party on Sweetbriar - "Ode to Oltha."  J.P. sampled his first snow cone (cherry), listened to some music and rode on "the train" with Jude. 

This morning, J.P. and I strolled to Bongo Java for breakfast.  We went to church at St. Patrick, then had lunch.  This afternoon, a little before 5 p.m., we drove to Las Paletas for popsicles.  J.P. took a few licks of a strawberry popsicle, but overall, wasn't too interested.  We walked to Sevier Park, so J.P. could play at the playground.  I left from there to go for a 4 mile run, finishing at home. 

A busy, but relaxing weekend. 

No comments: