Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rumble Seat

Jude and I rented bicycles from a local bicycle shop a couple of days ago.  Rather than renting a bicycle with an extra seat on it, we decided to rent a "toddler trailer" (my words), as well.  Essentially, it's a rumble seat that attaches to the side of the back wheel of the bicycle and allows the rider to tow the "toddler trailer" directly behind the bicycle.

J.P. loves riding in the "toddler trailer," probably because it's kind of like getting strapped in to a spaceship by the time we put his helmet and seat belts on, then close the canopy.  I've toyed with the idea of getting a "beater" bike, just to cruise around the neighborhood on.  I think I will, but I'm going to have to step up and buy a "toddler trailer" for J.P., too.

Tonight, we're going to ride our bicycles down the bike path to Ballyhoo's, a restaurant and bar a half mile or so away from our beach house.  After we eat dinner, we're going to ride over to a nearby lake.  Should be a fun evening.

No comments: