Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Captain Underpants

Monday morning, as Jude was getting J.P. dressed, she said, "Daddy, come quick, look at John Patrick!"

I walked in his room and was astounded to see him standing there, looking up at me with a big smile on his face, wearing a t-shirt and "Buzz Lightyear" underpants.  "Daddy, I'm wearing big boy underwear!" he exclaimed.  Honestly, I was a little conflicted, as I watched him dance around.  I was excited, but also a little sad, as I couldn't help but think - albeit briefly - my son's got stay in diapers or, at least, pull ups.  That way, I can know he's not growing up too fast.  It was fleeting thought, though, and it made me really proud  to see him standing there in his underpants.

About 15 minutes later, as I was loading up my truck in front of our house, Jude opened the front door and announced J.P. just had his first "accident."  Ah, yes, growing pains.

Today, though, he kept his underpants dry the entire day, which was huge!  Not to get too technical, but he even went "poopie" in the potty.  Twice.

Did I really just write that (sigh).

No comments: