Thursday, September 1, 2011

School Daze

And so it goes.

Tomorrow, J.P. has his first day of school at Children's House, the Montessori Day School he'll be attending (full time!) this year.  He'll go to school 3 days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  2 days a week, Carley will pick him up at 11:30 a.m.

It absolutely boggles my mind that already, after what seems like such a relatively short period of time, J.P. is going to school full time.  It's crazy!  Just yesterday, or so is seems, he was with me, laying on a quilt in the front yard, crawling for the first time.  I frantically called Jude - who was sleepings upstairs - to come watch him crawl.

And now he's starting school.

I just don't get how time could pass by so quickly.  One day I'm strolling him down to Bongo Java, the next day we're dropping him off at school.  So many memories flicker in my mind. 3 1/2 years have passed by in an instant.  I suspect I'll cry more tomorrow morning than he does.

Damn.  Now he's starting school. 

No comments: