Monday, September 10, 2012

Cement Mixer

I love the way J.P. makes me see things - the most ordinary things - in an entirely new light.

This morning, when J.P. and I were about to come downstairs for breakfast, we heard what sounded like a truck engine running outside, in front of our house.  We walked out front, into the front yard, and saw a cement mixer parked in front of our next door neighbor's house.  Metro (Nashville) is repairing sidewalks in our neighborhood and today they were working on our street.

J.P. and I watched the men pour the cement, then carefully smooth it out in the sections of the sidewalk they were repairing.  J.P. was fascinated.  He couldn't take his eyes off the men working.  Finally, he looked at me and said, "Daddy, when I grow up, I'm going to fix sidewalks."  I smiled and enjoyed the rest of our morning together.



No comments: