Sunday, March 24, 2013

Missed

I've had a good time with my friends on our annual spring trip to Vegas, but I can't wait to get home tonight.  I can't wait to hug Jude, J.P. and Joe, and to get back into our daily routine.

I can't compehend how hard it must be for parents who travel a great deal for work or for soldiers stationed overseas to be away from their families for extended periods of time.  After 4 days away from my family, I miss them terribly. 

Talking to J.P. on the telephone while I've been gone has been tough, actually, because it makes me long to be there with him.  To hear him say he's counting (literally) how many days it is until I get home tugs at my heartstrings. 

My boys are at such great ages right now.  J.P. turns 5 later this week.  Joe turned 1 last month. 

J.P. - the past 3-6 months - has really started following (and watching) sports.  Belmont and Vanderbilt basketball, the Lakers and, of course, the Nashville Predators (his favorite).  He insists on giving blow-by-blow descriptions of the action during televised Predators' games if Jude or I aren't in the room with him, watching the game.  He's on the edge of his seat the entire time (I wonder who he gets that from).

Joe is learning new things every single day.  New noises, bits or words, etc.  When I get home from work, he says, "da da," which melts my heart (and reminds me of J.P. at that age).  He's so close to walking on his own for good.  Right now, he pulls himself up and takes a few tottering, "drunken sailor" steps before sitting down in the floor with a thud.

So many good times lie ahead for our family.  Life goes so fast.  Sometimes it takes a trip like this and being away for a few days to remind me to slow down and really, really appreciate how blessed I am to have the family I have.  God is good indeed. 

 

No comments: