Wednesday, July 3, 2019

State Championship Photos


Ethan, JP, Wes and Benton celebrating the the WNSL Dodgers 11-0 win over Giles County in the Cal Ripken 11U State Championship game.


One of my oldest and dearest friends from law school, Chris Sockwell, lives in Lawrenceburg (site of the 11U State Tournament).  He was nice enough to come to JP's games Friday night.  I visited with Chris and his wife, Jennette, Saturday morning when I washed some uniforms at their house.


JP, standing on the ledge in the dugout, watching our players bat.


Aiden, one of the emotional leaders of the Dodgers, cheering one of our hitters.


I've coached Wes, JP and Benton since they were five years old, fall and spring.  So many practices, games, wins and losses, ups and downs.  To see them when the 11U State Championship together was phenomenal.


Tracy bought her kids, Kaitlyn and Matthew, to Lawrenceburg for Saturday afternoon's game against Lawrenceburg.  Stressful game, 11-10 win for the Dodgers with JP driving in what turned out to be the winning run.  It was special to have them there.


Kaitlyn, JP and Matthew.


I love this photo of JP and me.  Admittedly, I look ridiculous in baseball pants.


Chris, Ronnie and Jonathan.  Great coaches, great men.  I had so much fun coaching these boys with them.


Me and my guys.  Joe had as much fun as JP did in Lawrenceburg, I think.  He wore a rally cap the entire tournament and credited himself for the State Championship.


JP, before Friday night's games against Giles County and Livingston, both wins for the Dodgers.  It took a four run rally in the bottom of the sixth inning to beat Giles County, however.


Joe and JP, just prior to our departure from the Hampton Inn in Pulaski to the Friday night's games in Lawrenceburg.


Joe.  Babe Ruth in a rally cap.


JP and Joe, with the State Championship trophy and JP's All Tournament trophy.


WNSL Dodgers.  Cal Ripken 11U State Champs.  2019.

No comments: