Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekend Update

John Patrick was one month old yesterday. That's insane! Tonight, Jude and I were talking, and we agreed the first month has really flown by. It's hard to believe that our son has been with us, already, for a month. Everyone with children always reminds us how quickly time passes by and, I suppose, this is proof positive.

We received some good news last Thursday, when Jude took John Patrick to our pediatrician's office. He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz, which was great, since he was 7 lbs 11 oz the week before. In other words, he gained almost a pound in the past week! I told Jude her breast milk must be laced with steroids or HGH (human growth hormone). We were very relieved and encouraged, because we had been a little concerned about his weight. Our physician was pleased, told us John Patrick looks great and we're not due to take him back for six weeks.

Jude's best friend, Cyndi Baines, and her three month old daughter, Finn, arrived from Jacksonville, FL, Friday afternoon. We all hung out together last night, but went to bed early. Unfortunately, Cyndi woke up this morning with a sore throat and fever. She's been in bed, with Finn, all day and tonight, as well. Hopefully, she'll feel better tomorrow. Jude and Cyndi have both been looking forward to spending this weekend together, with the kids. I'd hate for the weekend to be a bust due to Cyndi's illness.

This morning, I hit the pavement early with John Patrick in my new "Baby Jogger" stroller. While Jude took some time off, I wheeled him down to Belmont Boulevard to watch part of the Country Music Marathon and Half-Marathon. It was a nice trip, although it was a little cool and windy. I had him bundled up underneath a couple of blankets, though, with a stocking cap on his head. It was strange for me to be watching the race and not running, because I don't think I've missed participating in the marathon or half-marathon since the inception of the race a few years ago. We got some good daddy-son time in, which was really cool.

No comments: