Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Workin' for a Living

Yesterday, I returned to work after a little more than two weeks at home with Jude and John Patrick. As I suspected, it's been really, really tough to leave home each morning, then return in the evening. When I see him, I get the distinct feeling I've missed something . . . that while I have been at work, he's learned to make a new facial expression or a new sound. I must admit, what I'm doing at work seems a lot less important, now that I have John Patrick to come home to each evening.

This afternoon, when I walked across the street to the courthouse to look at a new file, I took with me a couple of framed photographs I have in my office, one of John Patrick and one of Jude holding him. Like the proud papa that I am, I showed the photographs to the ladies in the circuit court clerk's office and the clerk and master's office. They were tickled to death and oohed and aahed over the photographs, agreeing with me that he is probably the best looking baby of all time.

On my way home from work, I stopped by Wolf Camera and picked up a small, soft-covered book that holds 36 4 x 6 photographs. As Jude, John Patrick and I watched the season premiere of "The Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel tonight, I filled up the book with photographs I selected from the 300 + I already have taken with my digital camera. My friends, clients and colleagues are really in for it, now, as I'm planning on taking the book with me wherever I go. For example, I have a mediation next door to my office tomorrow and I fully intend to show every attorney in the building the book and all the photographs in it.

No comments: