Saturday, September 13, 2008

Date Night

This morning, I got up early, made my Foodbrothers' (football pool) picks, then headed to Shelby Bottoms for a trail run. After I ran six miles, I met Jude at the tennis courts at the entrance to Shelby Park at 8:30 a.m. and picked up John Patrick. He and I went to Bongo Java East, where he sat in his stroller while I drank a glass of orange juice and read the sport page. Then, it was back home to meet Jude with his morning snack at 10 a.m.

After lunch, I strolled with John Patrick to the 12th Avenue Tap House, for our usual Saturday afternoon outing. Because he hadn't napped in the morning, he was really, really tired. He was fast asleep, in the stroller, before we were a block away from the house. I listened to Phish ("Billy Breathes") on my ipod on the walk to and from the Tap House, a record I haven't heard in a while.

Tonight, Jude and I had "date night" - our first night out without John Patrick, since he was born. We had a tasty dinner at Flyte, a restaurant on the corner of Division Street and 8th Avenue, about five minutes away from our house. Afterwards, we went to Green Hills and saw the Coen brothers' new movie - "Burn After Reading." We enjoyed the movie, but agreed it was probably a five on a scale of 1-10.

No comments: