Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!


Yesterday, my mom, Jude, John Patrick and I went over to Margaret Walker's house for dinner with Jude's family. We had a nice meal and enjoyed visiting with everyone. It was great to see David and Ann Walker, along with their son, David, all of whom were in for a visit from Wichita, Kansas.

John Patrick seemed to have fun, walking from room to room. He was especially interested in climbing the stairs to the second floor of Margaret's condominium. Not surprisingly, he was not too pleased with me when I wouldn't let him climb up the stairs after he had completed a couple of trips.

The photo here was taken in happier times, while John Patrick was eating his dinner at the party. Later, in unhappier times, he threw up all over his car seat on the way home, about one mile from our house. As I cleaned vomit out of my truck in the middle of a rain storm, I couldn't help but laugh. Fatherhood isn't always as glamorous as you think.

No comments: