Monday, July 6, 2009

Haircut 100




Rather ironic, I think, that I just finished watching "Knocked Up" for the umpteenth time, on the same day John Patrick got his first haircut. The last scene, where Katherine Heigl has the baby, brings tears to my eyes every time. I can remember, vividly, watching it for the first time toward the end of Jude's pregnancy. Thankfully, Jude had gone up to bed, as a result of which she missed the scene where the baby was born. It would have hit a little too close to home for her then, I think.

Anyway, this evening after work, I met Jude and John Patrick at a children's hair salon in Cool Springs for his first haircut. We had a 5:45 p.m. appointment, right before the salon closed at 6 p.m. Jude and I were curious how he would react, but he was fine. No tears and no whining. He sat in the chair, held onto a toy truck, then stuck it in his mouth and stared at himself in the mirror. It was a piece of cake, really.

No comments: