Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Want to Ride My Bicycle


Yesterday, Jude, John Patrick and I drove over to Grayton Beach and rented bicycles for the rest of the week. Before they were delivered to our rental house, we took John Patrick for his first bicycle ride, to Grayton Beach State Park, then back to the bike shop.

First, we strapped John Patrick in the child's seat on my bicycle, which took some doing. We had to tighten the straps a couple of times to secure him. Next, we placed a helmet on his head, which he wasn't particularly happy about. Then, off we went!

It was pretty cool, because as soon as we started pedaling down the bike path, John Patrick started giggling and laughing. Clearly, he was enjoying himself. The only down side, for me, was that I couldn't turn around and watch him, since he was sitting directly behind me. Jude, riding slightly behind us, kept us a running commentary of what he was doing.

Funnier still was the fact that every couple of minutes, John Patrick, unprompted, would say, "Ma Ma." Jude would answer, "J.P." Then, he would say, "Da Da," and I would respond, "J.P." It was really, really funny. I'm not sure if he was just making sure we were still there, or what.




No comments: