Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Running with J.P.

This evening, when I arrived home from work, John Patrick was bouncing around the den, full of energy. Jude was playing tennis, so I was happy to have the opportunity to have some one-on-one time with him. I asked him, "do you want to go for a run?" Immediately, he started jumping up and down, then ran to the racing stroller and started unloading things out of its seat (shoes, socks, etc.). He was ready to roll, literally.

I went upstairs, changed into my running gear and off we went. We ran up to Belmont University, through campus, down Belmont Boulevard, then back home. Not a long run, just three miles total. There were a lot of people out running or biking and he pointed as we ran past them. He was so happy to be outside, rolling along in the Baby Jogger racing stroller (a baby shower gift from our friends Lela Hollabaugh and Dean Shumate).

It's great for me and such a blessing, because John Patrick loves it when we go on runs together. It means so much to me to be able to share with him an activity that brings me such joy and happiness.

No comments: