Thursday, March 25, 2010

Athena

Tonight, I attended the Athena Awards ceremony and banquet at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center, downtown.  Jude was one of twenty-four nominees for the 2009 Athena Award, given annually to an oustanding women in Nashville in the fields of business, leadership and service to their community.  It's a true honor to be nominated and as I watched Jude sitting up on stage, surrounded by so many accomplished women, my heart was bursting with pride.

Jude didn't win, but I have it on very good authority that she was close to winning.  I'm biased, of course, but I think she should have won the award.  I have a front row seat to see the work she does to make a difference in our community, day in and day out.  I am so proud of her.  As I told someone tonight at the event, she's the best person I know. 

No comments: