Saturday, April 3, 2010

Springtime at Meemaw's House

J.P. and I drove down to my mom's house this morning, while Jude hosted a baby shower for her cousin, Christie.  He had a great time playing with the toys my mom has accumulated, over the years, for Kaitlyn and Matthew, my niece and nephew.  He was a little nervous around Gypsy, my mom's dog, especially when she barked her shrill, ear splitting bark.  He warmed up to her after a while, though.

It was gorgeous outside, after some rain early in the morning.  We took advantage of the nice weather and went for a walk around the neighborhood.  My mom's lived in the same house in Brenthaven, an older subdivision in Brentwood, TN, for almost 38 years.  It was a little sad, though, as we walked, to point out houses and remember who used to live there.   

No comments: