Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Saturday in the Park

Saturday morning, I ran in the Shelby Bottoms Boogie 15k at Shelby Park.  The weather was perfect - an absolutely beautiful fall morning.  It was kind of nice to run a race on what amounts to my home course, although it actually took place on the greenway, as opposed to the trails where I normally run.  After a really nice race, I ran into my old friend and erstwhile training partner, Vickie Spickard.  We took a walk to cool down after the race and got caught up.

When I got home after the race, Jude had taken J.P. for a much needed haircut.  I met them at a park in Berry Hill, five or ten minutes from our house.  As always, J.P. had a blast climbing on the playground equipment and sliding down the slides.  Afterward, we had lunch at Calypso Cafe.  A nice Saturday morning, for sure.

No comments: