Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend Update

The worst part of this gorgeous fall weekend?  The fact that it had to end, which means Jude and I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Friday night, my mom drove up and went to dinner at one of our regular haunts, La Fiesta on Belmont Boulevard, with Jude, J.P., Jim White and me.  A couple of the ladies who work there really dote on J.P., so it was fun to watch them interact with him.  With me whispering in his ear, he repeated a few Spanish phrases, which always delights them to no end.

Saturday morning, I got up early and ran 8 miles on the trails at Shelby Bottoms.  Perfect day for a run, with the temperature in the low 50s when I started.  When I got home, Jude left for a tennis match and J.P. and I went to my truck to the car wash.  He'd never been there and was a little nervous at first, but he warmed up pretty quickly and enjoyed watching my truck go through the car wash.  In fact, he talked about it the rest of the day.

Saturday afternoon, while Jude and J.P. napped, I made a pot of chili to take to Chad and Misty White's Pumpkin Carving & Chili Cookoff Party at Tom White's farm in Dickson.  We arrived at the party about 4:30 p.m. and had an absolute blast.  J.P. played in "the treehouse," but flat refused to go on the hayride. Tom's place is awesome and it was a perfect night for a party.  To top it off, I got a 3rd place ribbon for my chili!

This morning, J.P. and I went to Frothy Monkey in 12South for breakfast, then hopped over to Sevier Park to play at the playground.  Jude's grandma, Rita, and aunt, Margaret, accompanied Jim White, Jude, J.P. and me to church at St. Patrick.  After church, we picked up lunch and had a picnic at a park in Berry Hill, then watched J.P. play on the slide.  I got in a quick 4 mile run in this afternoon while Jude and J.P. napped.  We had dinner at home, then settled in for the evening.

Not bad, not bad at all.

No comments: