Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hide and Seek at Santa's Trees

This morning, after church, Jude, JP, Joey and I went to Santa's Trees on 12th Avenue near our house to pick out a Christmas tree.  In years past, we've gotten our tree at Home Depot because it's much cheaper than your average Christmas tree lot.  However, I hurt my back a week or so ago carrying the stroller upstairs in the middle of the night (that's another story) and since Santa's Trees will deliver and set your tree up, we decided it was the way to go.

Picking out our Christmas was fine but after we did that, the real fun began.  We divided into two teams - JP and Jude vs. Joey and me - and played hide and seek amongst the Christmas trees.  As Joey and I were paying for our Christmas tree and arranging delivery, JP and Jude hid in the trees.  Joey and I looked for them and, finally, found them crouched down toward the side of the lot.  JP laughed when we found them.

Next, Joey and I hid, while JP and Jude counted to 25.  I could hear them looking for us and when JP saw us, I ran further into the Christmas trees, carrying Joey in my arms.  Joey was laughing as we ran between the trees.  JP was squealing and laughing - the kind of spontaneous, innocent and unplanned laughter that you only hear from an child.  Finally, they caught us and we all laughed together, out of breath.

We played a couple more rounds of hide and seek, then went home, happy.

Just another reason why December is my favorite month of the year.

No comments: