Friday, May 23, 2008

Road Trip


Today, I took the afternoon off to spend with Jude and John Patrick. Our family (wow, that sounds kind of strange!) walked down to Bongo Java on Belmont Boulevard for lunch, then returned home, so Jude could take a nap. At my suggestion, Jude agreed it would be a good day for me to take John Patrick to the office for his first visit.

I loaded the stroller in my truck, along with my manly diaper bag (a backpack, really), snapped him in the car seat and off we went - Franklin bound! I wanted to surprise my friends at work, so I didn't call ahead and let them know we were coming. When I came in the back door, by my office, and Deb Safar and Deb Rubenstein saw him, they squealed with delight. Quickly, I handed him off to Deb Rubenstein, who held him for a few minutes. After a quick diaper change on the floor of my office, Deb Safar took over and held him in her lap. Everyone was very excited to finally meet him.

When John Patrick began to fuss a bit, I put him in the stroller and rolled across the street to the courthouse. Gwen, one of my friends in the Circuit Court Clerk's office saw us through the window, then came outside to see him. Next, we rolled inside and visited with the ladies in the Circuit Court Clerk's office. He was awake, alert and staring at them all, even smiling at one point. Then, he got his first elevator ride, as we went upstairs to the Clerk and Master's office to complete our tour of the courthouse. I enjoyed showing him off, as I always do.

No comments: