Friday, November 28, 2008

Take J.P. to Work Day


Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, was "Take John Patrick to Work Day." Our nanny, Carley Farley Meade, wanted to get away a little early, as she had travel to West Virginia that evening. Also, I hadn't taken John Patrick to work in quite some time, so I came home for lunch, then drove back to Franklin.

First, we visited the ladies in the Circuit Court Clerk's office and in the Clerk and Master's office. They marveled at how big he has gotten since the last time they saw him. Next, I stopped in my friend, Virginia Story's office. Although Virginia was gone for the holiday, John Patrick did get to meet my friend, Joanie Abernathy, an attorney with whom I work on a regular basis. She's probably the nicest, kindest attorney in the Williamson County Bar and a good friend. Finally, we made it over to my office.

The ladies in my office were tickled to see him. Lisa Johnson, who has been with us forever and loves children, took John Patrick off my hands immediately, carrying him around the office. As a joke, she and I photographed him sitting in the chair behind Lori Reid's desk, since Lori was gone and missed seeing him. I made a couple of calls and did a little work, while the ladies entertained him.
It was a beautiful afternoon, unseasonably warm for late November, so I left the office and took him for a long stroll around downtown Franklin. It was a great day for a walk and there were lots of people walking up and down Main Street, shopping, or just enjoying the afternoon. When I got back to the office, I gave him a bottle of formula, sitting behind my desk, leaning back in my chair. That was kind of cool. Later, Lisa Johnson took a couple of photos of John Patrick and me in my office.

What a great, pre-holiday afternoon.

No comments: