Saturday, November 29, 2008

Why?

Today has been a difficult, difficult day.

My friend's 17-year old daughter, Elizabeth, died this morning about 6 a.m. I don't know what to say, what to think or what to do. It's almost beyond comprehension. I just can't make sense of any of it.

Although I realized there might come a day when I would cry on my son's shoulder, I never thought it would be when he was eight months old. Nonetheless, that's exactly what I did this morning after I heard the news. I took my son in my arms, hugged him and cried on his shoulder.

As I walked back home with John Patrick this afternoon, lost in my thoughts, I passed a small church on 12th Avenue - Tabernacle Baptist Church. A sign out front said, "True faith doesn't have a plan B." That's about as close as I can come to understanding why this happened.

Please say a prayer for Elizabeth's parents, grandparents and her entire family.

No comments: