Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Two Part Harmony

Lately, John Patrick has been squealing a lot. I mean, a whole lot. Sunday morning, Jude got up first, fed him, then took him downstairs while she made breakfast. I was awakened by the sound of his squealing, squealing and squealing some more. I was laying in bed, laughing, because his squealing really is the sound of happiness. When I got out of bed and went downstairs, he was sitting in the "exersaucer," smiling and squealing.

The really funny thing he does now, though, is to squeal in harmony with me. I'll sit him in my lap in one of the"man chairs" in the den, facing me. When I make a high pitched, falsetto sound, he'll look at me, then make the same sound himself. It's really pretty cool. If I change the pitch, as long as the note I hit is a high one, he mimics it and harmonizes with me. Jude and I laugh and laugh when he does it.

No comments: