Sunday, August 2, 2009

Softball


Tonight, my boys and I won the Nashville Bar Association softball tournament, from the loser's bracket, no less. Well, not just the boys, because we had a huge assist from the women who played with us, particularly Kathy Cloud, who came out of retirement to win the women's most valuable player award a week before her 40th birthday. We're by far the oldest team in the league and it means a lot to still be able to contend for, let alone win, the softball tournament.

For the most part, I've played with the same people for several years and we've been fortunate enough to win multiple tournament championships. This one was special, very special, though, because some of my teammates have experienced profound losses in their personal lives in the past year. To play softball with my friends all season and, especially, this weekend, and to share the tournament championship with them, will be a memory I will always cherish.

No comments: