Friday, January 29, 2010

Let it Snow!!

It's well past midnight, the house is quiet and I'm sitting at the desk in the office, looking out on our backyard, white with snow.  It's beautiful.

For once, the weather wizards were correct, and there's 4 inches or so of snow on the ground now.  It's supposed to keep snowing, off and on, the rest of the night and into tomorrow morning, so maybe we'll end up with 2 or 3 more inches of snow.  Already, it's the biggest snow we've had in Nashville in 3 or 4 years, I think.

I just returned from a quick walk outside.  The silence is amazing, probably because living in the city, I'm used to constant background noise.  Traffic, trains, etc.  Tonight, nothing.  I walked down the middle of the street and never saw a car.  Everyone is home, bundled up, probably asleep.  It's so peaceful out.  It's bright, too, almost like it's daylight, with the sky a light gray and the brilliant white snow on the ground. 

Man, I love it when it snows.

No comments: