Monday, May 31, 2010

Easy Rider

When I was a child, one of the five best toys I ever had, without question, was a "Big Wheel."  As kids, my sister, my neighbors and I put a lot of mileage on ours, riding it up and down our driveway.  I wanted to buy one for J.P., but I couldn't find one anywhere.  I'm guessing they're not made anymore. 

I did find something similar, though, a month or two ago.  This weekend, we busted out the "Big Flyer" for J.P.  It's a little big for him right now, as his feet can't quite reach the pedals.  Still, he enjoyed moving forward and backward by pushing with his feet.  Once he gets just a bit taller and masters the art of pedaling, I suspect we'll wear out the sidewalk in front of our house.

Speaking of "Easy Rider," rest in peace Dennis Hopper.  The director and start of the 1969 classic film, "Easy Rider," died over the weekend.  Sad.

No comments: