Sunday, July 25, 2010

Find Mama

This afternoon, after we put J.P. down for a nap, Jude left for the airport and her trip to Chicago for work.  She's set to return on Wednesday afternoon, so I'll be flying solo until then.

As soon as he got up from his nap, around 4 p.m., J.P. started saying "find Mama."  It's something he picked up from me, recently, when we returned home from running an errand or two.  "Let's find Mama," I'd say, as we pulled up in front of our house.  Well, all afternoon, and up until bedtime, J.P. continued to say, over and over again, "find Mama, find Mama."

I explained to him that "Mama is in Chicago."  He repeated the word "Chicago," then immediately began saying "find Mama" again.  I think I'm going to be hearing that a lot the next three days.  In fact, I'm sure of it.

No comments: