Saturday, July 31, 2010

Boogie Nights

Recently, Jude called me into the kitchen, where she was messing around with J.P.  "Watch this," she said.  "J.P., show Dada how you boogie."

J.P. turned around, looked at me, stuck his finger up his nose and dug around, then pulled it out, proudly, and said, "got it!"  I was stunned.  Silent.  Then, I began laughing.  Jude cast an accusatory glance my way.  "Oh, no," I said.  I didn't teach him that.  And I didn't.  If I had thought of it, I probably would have, but I didn't.

A couple of days later, I asked our nanny, Carley, if he learned it from her.  Carley was mortified, then indignant.  "No," she said.  "We call them snuffies, not boogies."  Okay.

For now at least, it will have to be an unsolved mystery.  We're still investigating, though.

No comments: