Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Milestones

Milestones.  They're really starting to pile up.

J.P. is wearing, for the most part, "big boy underpants."  He's in a "big boy bed," now that we've converted his crib to a toddler bed. 

Today, J.P. had his 3-year old wellness exam with our pediatrician, Dr. Godfrey.  For the first time, he didn't cry or complain at all, even when he got a couple of shots.  That was refreshing, as typically he has a complete meltdown as soon as we arrive in the parking lot.  According to Dr. Godfrey, J.P.'s strong and healthy.  He's in the 50th percentile for weight and height.  Dr. Godfrey was particularly impressed with his vocabulary.

Tonight, as I was taking out the trash, I noticed that Jude had taken J.P.'s high chair to the garage.  Now, that's a milestone, one that makes me a little sad.  A week or two ago, J.P. went through a brief stage where he wanted to eat in his high chair again, but it only lasted a couple of nights.  Now, the high chair is gone, probably forever, and my son is growing up faster than I want him to and there's nothing I can do about it.

   

No comments: