Thursday, March 9, 2017

Rebuilding the Wall

Tuesday morning, I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and went for an early morning run.  4 miles on my Fairfax-Blakemore route.  I felt good on the run, better than I have lately, which made me feel good.  Plus, it's always great to get in a morning run.  Metaphorically, it's like getting a B-12 shot, or at least, what I imagine it feels like after you get a B-12 shot.

The day is a bit brighter.  The colors outside as I cool down while walking back to the house are a little more vivid.  As I go about my morning routine at home, I'm in a better mood.  Unlike most mornings, I'm wide awake as I begin the day.  Pretty good stuff.

Then, last night (Wednesday), I went for a run after Jude and I got the boys in bed.  3 miles at under an 8:30 pace.  Most importantly, I felt strong and wasn't particularly winded.  Damn, it felt good.  Like old times, even.  I walked down 12th Avenue to cool down, listening to a podcast (Joe House's "Shackhouse") on a beautiful early March night.

It's coming back.  The wall.  I'm rebuilding it.

No comments: