Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

What a great, great Mother's Day weekend! Jude's folks were in town. They came over Saturday around noon, with her grandmother, Rita, and aunt, Margaret. We went to Mafiozza's on 12th Avenue for lunch. John Patrick did great and wasn't really fussy at all until we were preparing to leave. Saturday evening, Jude and I saw "Happy Days" at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center, while Carley babysat John Patrick. Saturday, in general, is definitely our favorite day of the week.

Sunday, I got up with John Patrick, so Jude could sleep in on Mother's Day. He and I strolled to the Frothy Monkey on 12th Avenue and arrived about 7:30 a.m., just after it opened. I ordered a bagel and we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful morning. I had packed up John Patrick's breakfast in the stroller, so I fed him on the deck at the Frothy Monkey. He ate Cheerios, oatmeal, then really went to town on some strawberries. Afterward, I held his hands and we walked around the deck. We got back to the house, played in the front yard for a little while, then went inside in time for his morning nap before church.

Sunday afternoon, I ran 6 miles in Shelby Park, on the trails in Shelby Bottoms. It had rained, heavily, for several days and the Cumberland River was as high as I've ever seen it. Two of the trails I usually run on were completely submerged. I had a strong run and got back to the house in time to plant eight tomato plants in our garden. Overall, it was a nice weekend.

No comments: