Sunday, May 3, 2009

Prairie Home Companion

Saturday afternoon, Jude and I saw Garrison Keillor and Prairie Home Companion, broadcasting live and nationwide, at the Ryman Auditorium in downtown Nashville. What an amazing show! Sam Bush and Brad Paisley were fantastic guests. Jude and I are big, big public radio fans and she got tickets for us when she made a donation to our local public radio station, WPLN.

We sat about four rows from the stage, dead center. It was a magical afternoon, for sure. Although we've seen Garrison Keillor at the Ryman a couple of times before, once with Prairie Home Companion, I was so glad to be there Saturday. I've heard a couple of times lately that the radio show will only be around for a couple more years. It might have been the last show at the Ryman and, if so, I'm glad we were there.

No comments: