Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day Off

This week, Jude and I have been "nannyless," as Carley was out of town on a family trip.  We had to scramble to find someone to help us out and my mom stepped up big time, keeping J.P. on Tuesday and today (Thursday).  Jude and I would have been in a bind without her.  It worked out great, as J.P. had a great time both days.

Yesterday, I took the day off to spend with him.  At his request, we went to Frothy Monkey on 12th Avenue for breakfast (surprisingly, he picked Frothy Monkey over Bongo Java).  After breakfast, we stopped by to visit our friends, Hal Humphreys and Kim Green, at their house.  Then, it was off to Sevier Park for play time at the playground. 

After a brief stop at home, J.P. and I drove to Whole Foods and ate lunch there.  Next, it was off to the Green Hills Mall to run a few errands, then play time in the children's section of David Kidd Booksellers (one of J.P.'s favorite places to go).

I put J.P. down for a nap a little after 2 p.m., then I laid down for a nap, as well.  About 30 minutes later, he woke up screaming when he heard a lawnmower outside.  I brought him into our bedroom and he fell asleep in bed with me.  We both slept like logs for a couple of hours, waking up right before Jude got home. 

I think I might retire and just hang out with J.P. every day.

No comments: