Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ozzie

Yesterday, I surprised J.P. and met him and our nanny, Carley, at the Green Hills Library just before lunch.  Ozzie, the Nashville Sounds' mascot, was scheduled to read to the children at the library.  Carley told J.P. she the first part of the week that she would take him and for the next couple of days, it was all he could talk about.  He remembered Ozzie, of course, from the baseball games we have taken him to at Greer Stadium.

Ozzie was just getting started "reading" (actually, he made gestures and acted out the story, while another representative of the Sounds read the books) when I walked into the classroom in the children's section where everyone had gathered.  J.P. saw me, grinned happily, then pointed at Ozzie in the front of the room, saying "Dada, Ozzie reading!"  Very cute. 

There were probably 10 or 12 parents, mostly mothers, sitting in the floor with their children in their laps.  Of course, J.P. refused to sit in my lap or Carley's lap.  Instead, he wandered around the room, saying "hi" to parents, then pointing at Ozzie, saying "Ozzie reading."  Also cute and a little embarrassing.  I whispered, "J.P., come sit in Daddy's lap."  "No!" he said, so I didn't push my luck.  He just kept wandering around the room, happily pointing at Ozzie. 

No comments: