Saturday, December 4, 2010

Batman

It's good to laugh.  Man, is it ever good to laugh.

This afternoon, before his nap, J.P. was in the backyard with Jude, "playing baseball."  In other words, he was hitting a wiffle ball off a plastic tee (about waist high) with a fat, plastic bat.  When I walked outside to watch, he took a couple of swings and absolutely crushed the ball.  It was the best I've ever seen him hit the ball.  Solid, solid contact.

However, not unlike a golf swing, it was gone as quickly as he had found it.  As Jude and I looked on, he swung and missed, then swung again and barely tapped the ball off the tee.  He picked the ball up, placed it on the tee, swung and the ball trickled off the tee.  At this point, J.P. started crying, then swung the bat at the ball, laying the grass.  Then, he kicked over the tee and swung the bat over his head and hit the tee laying on its side.  I was laughing - loudly - which seemed to enrage him more, because he threw the bat on the ground, still crying.

I believe my son has a temper.  

No comments: