Thursday, December 9, 2010

Playing Restaurant

Tonight, Jude had an event to attend after work, so J.P. and I were on our own for dinner.  I decided to cook a pot of spaghetti for Jude and me to eat when she got home.  In the meantime, it was time for J.P. to eat, but he quickly let me know he wasn't interested in sitting in his high chair, in the kitchen, while I cooked.

Thinking quickly, I said to J.P., "how about if we play restaurant?"  Immediately, he stopped fussing.  As his waiter, I brought his small, white table and two chairs into the kitchen.  After welcoming him to the "restaurant," I seated him at the table and gave him a "menu" (a magazine, actually).  He ordered some of "Mom's cereal" as a an appetizer, then a hot dog and green beans for the main course.  He washed it down with a glass of milk.  For dessert, he ate some spaghetti noodles.  

I brought his "check" to him (a magazine insert), he pulled out my wallet and paid me a dollar . . . after reviewing the check.  Seriously.

Good stuff.  

No comments: