Thursday, December 22, 2022

Covid-19 Fights Back

I may be through with Covid-19 but, apparently, it's not through with me yet.  

Two nights ago, Jude tested positive or Covid-19 and, yesterday, my newest associate at work - Andrea - tested positive for Covid-19, too.  

I'm not sure it matters at this point but I don't think I gave Jude and Andrea Covid-19 because I tested negative on December 11 and more than a week passed before either one of them experienced any symptoms.  Still, it's hard to know for sure.  I guess my negative test could have been a false negative because I didn't test a second time.  Also, I'm suspicious because their symptoms are remarkably similar and they sound alike when I talk to them.

I feel terrible for Jude, in particular, because her positive test comes right before Christmas.  Her brother and his wife and children, whom we love spending time with, were planning on coming to Nashville from Charlotte and staying with us after Christmas.  That plan is out the window, obviously, as are our plans to go to Tracy and Gary's house for brunch on Christmas Eve.  

Plus, I hate it that Jude feels so awful over the holidays.  She works so hard and I hate for her time off to be spent feeling so poorly.  That's Covid-19, though.  Always poor timing, I guess.

No comments: