Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

Thursday night, Jude and I celebrated Valentine's Day in style.

First, we had dinner at the Palm, downtown, thanks to a gift certificate a friend gave her a while back. I arrived before Jude, as she got held up at work and I was already downtown attending a seminar. When the hostess seated me, she asked me to describe my wife to her so she could seat her without any delay upon her arrival. I told her Jude would be easy to spot, because she would be, by far, the most beautiful woman in the restaurant. And she was. Sporting black slacks and a black turtleneck sweater, she looked absolutely radiant.

After dinner at the Palm, we walked to the Schermerhorn Symphony Center for an evening of music. We had great seats on the floor, thanks to Jude's participation in Leadership Nashville. Before intermission, the symphony performed alone and they were fantastic. After intermission, Michael Franks sang with the symphony and was good, as well. We didn't make it through his entire set, as it had been a long day and we were ready to pack it in and head home.

No comments: