Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Update

As of this weekend, we're less than two months away from our due date. That's really, really hard to believe.

Right now, we're in full "nesting" mode. Yesterday, Jude painted the toddler's bookcase we picked up a while back (not white in color, but sandalwood, Jude reminded me). Two coats of paint and it looks brand new! Jude's plan is to put toys, books, etc., in it. We're setting up a playroom, of sorts, upstairs in the extra space we have outside the nursery.

Earlier in the week, I picked up a glider chair and ottoman we purchased last weekend at USA Baby. I managed to carry it from my truck into the house, then upstairs. We put it in the corner of the nursery. Our crib and mattress have arrived at USA Baby, as well, but we're still waiting on the dresser/changing table. Hopefully, all of the furniture will be in soon.

Today, Jude packed the baby's bag for our trip to the hospital. Our plan is to have the baby's bag and Jude's bag packed and ready to go, well in advance of a sudden trip to the hospital. The more we can do ahead of time, the better, as far as I'm concerned. If Jude goes into labor late one night, it will be hard enough for me to find my keys and wallet, let alone decide what I need to pack for her.

No comments: