Friday, February 29, 2008

The Forecast Calls for Showers

Shower season is officially open!

Today, Jude's co-workers at Renewal House hosted her very first baby shower. She called me this afternoon, after the shower was over, and told me she'd had a great time. She also told me she would need help, when I got home, bringing in all the loot. Man, she wasn't kidding. We got tons of stuff! Our couch is absolutely jam packed with gifts for our baby.

Jude's mother, Jane, arrived in town tonight, just in time for baby shower number two. Tomorrow morning, my sisters, Tracy Hearn and Alice Walker, are hosting another baby shower at my mother's house. Jude's looking forward to seeing lots of family, female members anyway, at the shower. No men allowed!

Next weekend, our friends Rob and Elena Rollins and Lela Hollabaugh and Dean Shumate are hosting a couples baby shower at the Rollins' house. Then, the following weekend, some of our friends from ultimate frisbee are hosting what will be our final baby shower. At that point, we're going to need an extra room, in addition to the nursery, to store all of the gifts.

Really, the generosity our friends and family are showing to us just brings home one of the most wonderful aspects of this whole experience. People are so very happy for Jude and me and it means so much to us both, just knowing that.

No comments: