Monday, January 31, 2022

The Covid-19 Diaries; Vol. 7

I ran five miles yesterday, mid-morning, and felt pretty good.  Not great, not yet, but pretty damn good.  It as a beautiful Sunday morning - temperature in the low to mid-40's - and it was just good to be out there running again.  Having running taken away from me, even for a relatively brief time, makes me appreciate it more.

After I finished my run, it was off to D-bats for a practice w/Joe's team from 1 - 3 p.m.  J.P. tagged along, too.  He hit in the cage and helped with practice.  It was great to be back out with the boys, running around, after being out of circulation for a couple of weeks.  Same feeling as the run, in some ways.  I appreciated having that time with J.P. and Joe yesterday afternoon after spending a good 10 days in relative isolation.

Working with Joe and his teammates, one-on-one, in the batting cage.  First, instructing them as they hit off the tee, and then soft toss, that's what I love.  Having a chance to interact with those boys individually, even if it's only for 10 minutes, really give me a chance to get to know them.  I attribute a lot of the cohesiveness of J.P.'s Dodgers to those one-on-one interactions over the years with me, or other coaches, like Randy or Chris.  

After practice, Joe rode with Oliver (aka Coach O) to an agilities workout at MBA that Thomas McDaniel had organized.  Last year, in the height of the pandemic, Thomas hosted similar workouts at D-1 in Franklin as a way for the boys, and girls, to get out of house and get some exercise.  He's resurrected the idea this winter and while it makes for a busy Sunday, Joe enjoys it.  

On my way home, I dropped J.P. off at Cecil's house to hang out for a while and watch the AFC and NFC Championship games.  Bengals!?!  Joe Burrow = Joe Brrrrr, one cool customer.  Rams over 49ers with a late rally in the second game.

The biggest news of the weekend for me, though, was testing negative for Covid-19 Sunday evening.  Now, I'm officially back in circulation, which is good since I am scheduled to mediate Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.    

Back to it and back at it, for sure.

No comments: