Monday, January 10, 2011

Sledding

Last night, we went to bed amidst conflicting reports of snow headed our way, anywhere from 1 - 6 inches.   When we woke up this morning, sure enough, it had snowed overnight.  It was a pretty snow - about 3 inches on the ground.

I drove J.P. to my mother's house after I got ready for work, as she was keeping him today.  He had a great time there, as he always does.  After work, I picked him up and we stopped by REI to buy him some snow boots.  He loves REI, because there's plenty of room for him to run around and he loves to look at the bicycles and kayaks.  The only toddlers' snow boots they had were a size too big for him, but I got them anyway, figuring he could wear two pairs of socks with them.

When J.P. and I pulled up in front of our house, it was almost dark.  He looked out the window of my truck and saw Jude carrying a couple of sleds out onto the front porch.  He literally began squealing with delight, bouncing up and down in his car seat.  Like we did last year when it snowed, Jude and I took him across the street and the two of them sledded down the ice covered alley.  He loved it.

Oh, and his boots worked pretty well, too.

No comments: