Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's Go Time


Less than 12 hours from now, Jude and I will be arriving at Baptist Hospital to check in and get this show on the road. Right now, we're just relaxing, watching the Vols play Louisville in the third round - "sweet sixteen" - of the NCAA tournament.

We're ready. At least, I think we're ready. Our bags are packed. Actually, I repacked mine tonight, just to be safe and because the weather has turned warmer the last few days. I may repack it a third time before I go to bed.

This morning, I tried to install the base of the car seat in my truck. I failed miserably, but when I got to work, Deb Rubenstein helped me and we were able to loop the seat belt through the base and attach it to the seat, sort of. Then, to be safe, I called Jeff Hughes, one of my friends with the Brentwood Police Department, to see if someone there could inspect it for me. On my way home, I stopped by and a female police officer with a 2-year old son took one look at the base of the car seat, shook her head, and completely removed it from my truck. Next, she climbed in my truck, reconnected the seat belt, straps and loops, and I was ready to roll. I never would have figured it out on my own.

Jude and I assembled the "Pack and Play" tonight and it's in our bedroom, waiting on our baby. Fortunately, it wasn't very complicated to assemble. Now, if we can just keep the cats out of it. Too late. Jude just called down from upstairs and told me N.C. (one of our cats) is in the "Pack and Play," sleeping on top of the beach towel Jude had laid across the top of it.

This afternoon, Jude finished the baby blanket she had been knitting. It's beautiful. She started it six months ago and I wasn't sure she would be able to get it done before she had the baby. Perfect timing.

I took our new video camera out of the box a little while ago and now I'm charging the battery. I've skimmed the instructions. It has an "easy" button, so I'm hoping that means it's easy to operate. We'll see about that.

Come to think of it, something tells me Jude and I will be looking for a lot of "easy buttons" over the next 18 years. Here's hoping we're able to find a few of them.

No comments: