Friday, March 14, 2008

It's a Small World After All

Today, Jude took the day off from work. Late this afternoon, she "interviewed" a pediatrician at Green Hills Pediatric Associates to whom we had been referred. I couldn't get away from work, so she flew solo and met with the pediatrician herself.

Tonight, when I got home from work, she told me about the interview. She liked the doctor, enjoyed talking with him and was impressed with the office. When she told me she had learned the practice had been started many years ago by a couple of doctors who had recently retired, I asked her if one of the retired doctors' names was Lentz. It was.

Dr. Lentz was my pediatrician, in the early 1970s, when my family moved back to middle Tennessee from California. And, after the interview today, we're going to have as our son's pediatrician a doctor who works in the practice started by Dr. Lentz many years ago. A small world indeed.

No comments: